This year, the team here at dotDigital Group made it five in five for inclusion in the annual Deloitte Fast 50, a list of Europe’s fasting growing businesses. This is no mean feat, considering that the listings are decided based on percentage of revenue increase meaning we’ve managed to achieve high levels of growth over a sustained period of five years.
We stormed up the ranks since the 2009 Fast 500 list to make number 38 in the Fast 50, due to continuing expansion and increased revenues. The Deloitte Fast 50 recognises ‘the innovators’ of EMEA, developing breakthrough solutions for a diverse range of problems.
High-profile recognition such as the Deloitte listings can give companies like ourselves a real boost for future growth and allows us to continue to secure the best talent in the industry. So, if you’ll indulge us for a few minutes, we thought we’d share some of the secrets of our success.
How to make the Deloitte listings
First of all, companies must meet a certain criteria to qualify for the Deloitte Fast 500 or Tech Fast 50 eligibility. However, not every company that has been around for a while, grown a bit and made a decent tech product is included or even considered. Here are the five areas we believe are import to focus on:
1) Grow – One of the key winning criteria is revenue growth over, you guessed it, five years. If you want to make it big, don’t be scared of flaunting those growth figures.
2) Innovate – Be different to others in your market and have a clear USP. If nothing sets you apart from your competitors, you can’t be described as a ‘cutting-edge’ technology business.
3) Diversify – Don’t let your technology offering stagnate and get boring. Add new features and improvements to solve new problems and add further value.
4) Network – As well as research and analysis, the Deloitte team take nominations and endorsements on board. Keep your friends close and they may just do you a favour.
5) Plan – These listings are a barometer of how far your company has progressed. Use them to plan for the future and make sure that you’re always moving forwards and improving on your position each year.
The email marketing blog